Error creating new form tool

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
dougsshed
Model of CNC Machine: i2R A.24, rotary axis & OPT 15W laser

Error creating new form tool

Post by dougsshed »

I'm having a little trouble creating some new form tools. I created one tool successfully but each tool I have created since that one adopts the diameter and stepover values of the first one. Even when I type over the values in those two fields, when I hit the Apply button, those two fields revert to the values of the first tool.

Also, I note from watching the Vectric video on creating tools that the database shown has a tool type called 'Tapered Ballnose'. I'm using Aspire 9.015 and it doesn't show this tool type. Has it been dropped from an earlier version?

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Error creating new form tool

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I'm using Aspire 9.015 and it doesn't show this tool type. Has it been dropped from an earlier version?
After you Click on New you should be able to select Tapered Ball Nose from the drop down list.
TaperedBallNose.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Can you post some screen shots ? It will be easier for the experts on the forum to help you. :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It sounds like you're creating a form tool then copying it to create more with different diameters. You can't do that with a form tool. The diameter is based on the vectors you used to create the tool. If you were to change the diameter by typing it could distort the shape of the tool.

To create multiple form tools of the same basic shape but with different sizes you would need to create multiple vectors of the correct size and create the tools one at a time.