trouble with the tutorials

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Re: trouble with the tutorials

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hello All,

Your comments regards the tutorials have most certainly been noted and we will look into ways that we can improve the sound quality of the tutorials for the next major release when all videos will need to be re-recorded.

Thank you,
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

fixtureman
Vectric Wizard

Post by fixtureman »

When I was watching the older videos My wife would say it is putting her to sleep

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I vote a ++1 on the Beki tutorials. They come with a focus on creativity.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

I would like to suggest that the tutorials for older versions be saved and made available so those who don't update can still have access to the excellent instructions.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Post by Chuck Keysor »

In October of 2017, I posted my objective observation that the volume levels on the Aspire training videos were VERY low, far lower then any other videos I have ever encountered. They require me to turn up my volume to maximum, and then when the next time a Windows tone is created, or a different video comes on (if I am watching on YouTube), the volume blasts me out of my socks.

From all of the new comments, it is clear that my opinion that the volume was too low is in fact shared by others. I hope they fix this, the sooner the better!
Chuck
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oct 25, 2017 08:21 WEST

Hello Chuck,
Thank you for your feedback: I will pass it along to the people in charge of the videos.
Regards,
Adam Moran
Vectric Ltd | Precision House| 2 Arden Road

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oct 24, 2017 18:22 WEST
Hello Aspire/Vectric Support:
I would like to point out the fact that the audio levels of your training videos are far too low. To listen to your videos, I have to crank my external audio amplifier gain to maximum. Then system tones, or anything else I listen to blasts, until I turn the level on my amplifier way back down.

I posted this on the Aspire user forum yesterday, and it was confirmed to my satisfaction that the problem lies in the audio tracks of your training videos. Is this an earthshaking problem? Maybe not, but this is totally easy to fix for whomever has the original video/audio files.

I hope you can look at my post on the forum. I love your training videos in all other regards!
Thank you, Chuck!

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

FixitMike wrote:I would like to suggest that the tutorials for older versions be saved and made available so those who don't update can still have access to the excellent instructions.
Hey There Mike,

We keep a catalogue of most of our tutorials on our YouTube channel - you can watch them in their version playlists here - https://www.youtube.com/user/Vectric/playlists

Hope this helps!
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Not going to beat a dead horse - then message has been clearly stated and clearly received.

I love to hear and watch Beki on the tutorials and in the realtime shop actually "making" stuff.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC