aspire 9 doing v carve

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
dave gangster
Model of CNC Machine: Home made 3 axis 715mm x1mt

aspire 9 doing v carve

Post by dave gangster »

Hi please could anyone help. I am using vectric aspire 9, went to the free progects and down loaded the grocery list. Had to convert it to mm then resized it a little bit please see the pic some of the edges that should be straight are not any idea's thank you Dave.
Attachments
vetric.gif

Martin Reid
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Re: aspire 9 doing v carve

Post by Martin Reid »

Dear Dave

Check the vectors are correct - remove any unwanted nodes.
Check the V-Carve, Cutting Depth, Start Depth = 0.0
Check the tool selected is as specified. Any vee bit should have a point at the tip.
Check your z-zero.

All checks ok

Now check the machine. With the power on, push and pull the machine head in the direction of each axis. There should be no 'slop' or movement. If there is - tighten it.

Now check for accuracy, Draw and machine a simple square say 200 x 200 and check the results. If it is out you need to consider the steppers.

Anyway I hope these help you track down the problem

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin Reid

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

dave gangster wrote:Hi please could anyone help. I am using vectric aspire 9, went to the free progects and down loaded the grocery list. Had to convert it to mm then resized it a little bit please see the pic some of the edges that should be straight are not any idea's thank you Dave.
There's no need to convert the project to mm's. Just use the post processor units that match what you use on your machine and everything will be converted automatically.

It looks to me as though the V-carve has cut too deep so check your z-zero setting method is accurate, that you're not losing steps by pushing the machine too hard and that the v-bit really is the same angle as you think it is.

Jozua
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: EZ-Router

Post by Jozua »

What you see is normally the result of the “inner vector” or rectangle is too close to the carving for the V Bit at the specified depth.
Try to offset the inner rectangle vector few mm inwards to allow the V Bit to pass at the specified depth between the carving and the inner vector.

Joz

dave gangster
Model of CNC Machine: Home made 3 axis 715mm x1mt

Post by dave gangster »

Will try this thank you to you all for your help Dave

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Jozua wrote:What you see is normally the result of the “inner vector” or rectangle is too close to the carving for the V Bit at the specified depth.
I'm going to disagree on this point. If your true bit angle matches the angle specified in the toolpath, your thicknesses & z-home are correct, and your machine does not deflect when slowing down or doing z-moves at those points I'd expect the rectangle's vector to cut straight no matter how close to the other carved elements it is.

At least it was straight whenever I've done these sorts of cuts.
Last edited by adze_cnc on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Can you post the file?
John
Maker of Chips