Corner Post

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
atripp
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Exxact, Anderson Exxact Duo TC2

Corner Post

Post by atripp »

I am trying to figure out how to do this in ASPIRE. I have the cad file for the flat face and am able to model what I want (as seen in the attached photo) in another software but haven't been able to figure out how to do it in ASPIRE so I can apply toolpath to it. I'm sure there is a simple technique to accomplish it. Thanks.
Attachments
corner post.jpg
Andy Tripp
http://www.componentsbydesign.com

atripp
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Exxact, Anderson Exxact Duo TC2

Re: Corner Post

Post by atripp »

Well, not sure it was the best or easiest way, but basically I doubled up the geometry and my profile and did a two rail sweep and then did a clear component area outside of selected vectors. Looks like I may have something that should work. Probably will need to massage it a little more to get the toolpath I want but I'm pleased with where it is at this point.
Attachments
corner.jpg
Andy Tripp
http://www.componentsbydesign.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Sometimes Aspire isn't the best tool for the job, if you can model it easily with other software then your best bet might be to do that & then import it.
I tend to use a range of different software, don't personally believe that there is a one size fits all software from anyone & what works well in some programs doesn't work well in others :lol: :lol:
Having said that I am not very good at 3D modelling using any software so there may be a relatively easy way to do it with Aspire :lol: :lol:

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Since I only have VCarve, here's how I would do it.

Use half of a ClipArt 90 degree dome subtracted for each end of the cut. Use the Moulding toolpath for the cut in between.

Crude, but it works.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.