Can I do 3D renderings with Aspire?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Jnarvarte
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam 1000

Can I do 3D renderings with Aspire?

Post by Jnarvarte »

I just acquired a used Multicam 1000 for which I need to buy either VCarve Pro or Aspire. Since I do lots of booth designs using SketchUp, I’m wondering if Aspire works for doing 3D renderings.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Can I do 3D renderings with Aspire?

Post by mtylerfl »

Jnarvarte wrote:I just acquired a used Multicam 1000 for which I need to buy either VCarve Pro or Aspire. Since I do lots of booth designs using SketchUp, I’m wondering if Aspire works for doing 3D renderings.
Not directly, but Aspire has an option to save a model as a POV-Ray Scene. The option only appears after you use the "Export model as STL", click the "Triangulate", then click the "Save Triangulation". At that point you can choose from three options to save the file as STL, OBJ or POV-Ray Scene.

I played with this a few years ago. Downloaded the POVRay software (it's free, or was then anyway). Unfortunately, I never spent enough time with the software to figure out how to get a nice rendering of the POV-Ray Scenes I exported/saved out of Aspire. Maybe you can?
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Could you develop, please?

I don't understand why you want to make a render in Aspire if you are designing in Sketchup.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You won't get a rendering out of Aspire to the same quality as Sketchup. The problem is that as Aspire is pixel based you always get a rough "finish" to edges in the POV output.