Modeling resolution question

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Modeling resolution question

Post by ChrisInEstes »

I started a new 20" x 36" Aspire job with 7x resolution in order to speed up the process to show a customer a rendering. I brought in a D&M model, modified it to customer spec, created tool paths, and then saved a shaded image, which the customer approved.

Now I want to re-do it at 20x or 50x modeling res for better end results. Can I export my 7X, customer approved model, then bring it in to a new 20x or 50x file, and have it come in at the higher res, or do I have to start from scratch and bring the original model in to the 20x or 50x, then modify it as I did when I did it at 7x?

Did I explain that good enough?

Thanks,
Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Modeling resolution question

Post by mtylerfl »

I think you're just going to have to try it and see.

My understanding is most of the D&M models were created at 7x resolution. If you modified the model in a workspace much larger than the model itself, then the resolution is automatically diminished (because the pixels are now spread across a larger area overall).

That model is now "stuck" at whatever resolution it inherited from your workspace area. It will not inherit any more resolution when importing into another job set at a higher resolution. However, it shouldn't diminish any either, because you'll have more pixels it can occupy in your new workspace.

Try it and tell us what you observe, please.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC