Candy Cart Files

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Candy Cart Files

Post by martin54 »

Someone I know who apparently doesn't have access to the forum asked me if I could post this question so if anyone asks me any questions I will have to get back to them before I can reply :lol: :lol:

They are looking for files to make a candy cart, similar to the picture that is attached. apparently it will need to be taken apart & reassembled on a regular basis so needs to be quick & easy to build & take apart. If anyone knows where something like that is available then please let me know. I have no idea if he is looking for free plans or he is willing to buy them but I can pass on any info either way.
candy cart.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Candy Cart Files

Post by Adrian »

I've been asked to make those more times than I can remember. Without fail when I've priced them up and told the customer how much it would cost I've never heard from them again. Never got as far as creating files for that reason. :lol:

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

Adrian wrote:I've been asked to make those more times than I can remember. Without fail when I've priced them up and told the customer how much it would cost I've never heard from them again. Never got as far as creating files for that reason. :lol:
Sure that is the case Adrian, had it myself with all sorts of things so not just related to CNC & Woodworking. Not sure what they want it for or how they would price it, just asked if I could post the question. I did say it would be a reasonably easy job to create a set of files but I was asked to ask anyway :lol: :lol:

potzmannwoodshop
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 2 SCM Routech Record 120s(1999, 2001)

Post by potzmannwoodshop »

Adrian wrote:I've been asked to make those more times than I can remember. Without fail when I've priced them up and told the customer how much it would cost I've never heard from them again. Never got as far as creating files for that reason. :lol:
I make carts for mobile coffee/espresso bars. they start at 1300 and go up to 2200, none of the companies has ever balked at the price, and all have ordered a second time at a minimum. DO quality work and people will find you. I ship carts to companies that are 1000's of miles away, and other countries.

Charge what your time is worth, my CNC doesnt run for less than $100/hr, non cnc shop time is $75 an hour

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

That is a straight forward project, until you get to those spoked wheels. Made my first spoked wheel a few weeks ago for the clay rolling machine. Found out they are a lot of work to get right. If you can put a purchased wheel on then it would not be so bad. I found some on Amazon that look pretty good for about $90 US each. That would definitely be the way to go. If I could have found one that worked for my project I would have bought it. BTW, the ones I saw on Amazon are made by the Amish, they are known for producing quality goods.

That actually looks like a fun project! Hmmm, I wonder if my better half would like one to put her plants on?
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

potzmannwoodshop wrote:
I make carts for mobile coffee/espresso bars. they start at 1300 and go up to 2200, none of the companies has ever balked at the price, and all have ordered a second time at a minimum. DO quality work and people will find you. I ship carts to companies that are 1000's of miles away, and other countries.

Charge what your time is worth, my CNC doesnt run for less than $100/hr, non cnc shop time is $75 an hour
You misunderstand. I have no problem with making money from my business and a lot of the work I do is a great deal more than $100/hr. It's just that the individuals who enquired about those carts here in the UK seemed to expect to buy them for a quarter of the price that anyone charges for them. I've got no interest in making them personally.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Tailmaker posted a garden cart and gave a link to his website to download the dwg files: http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... t&start=30 . I made one for my sister and antiqued it with gray paint it to make it look old, where she put it in her backyard and put flowers in it. The whole project was cool, but I think what really set it off was the wheels. Should check it out.

Gary

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

Thanks Gary, I don't think that is really what they are looking for but I hadn't seen that post before, your right it does look really cool so I might just think about trying to make one myself :lol: :lol: :lol: