2 sided carving with Aspire 9

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
GeneMpls
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PRS Buddy48alpha ,4x6' 130w laser, Wazer

2 sided carving with Aspire 9

Post by GeneMpls »

I did not want to tag onto the gentleman with the horned skull, so here goes. I have Aspire 9 and one of the reasons I upgraded was the 2 sided carving really interests me. I have watched the video [not sure if it was Vectric or maybe Shopbot] and it looks slick, if a bit complicated to set up. I sold my SB PRS 4x4 and have not gotten my SB BT48 Alpha running yet, just got the VFD back from repair yesterday. Has anyone done much with this yet... love to see any of your carvings. Thanks Gene

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: 2 sided carving with Aspire 9

Post by garylmast »

I've done quite a few double sided projects now. I think this is one of the best upgrades to Aspire. Watch the video from Vectric: http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... ideo_id=92 . A couple of things I do different than the video, is instead of using pegs, I put the material in a jig. I also center the datum in case the material is slightly different size than how I set it up in the program (When I do a glue up, the sides usually need to be trimmed so when I turn it, the sides are squared so it fits good in the jig).

Gary
Attachments
IMG_0797.jpg

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I've done a few, I seemed to have a bit of a problem to start with & kept reverting to the old way of doing things with 2 separate sides but to be honest I am not really sure why it was givng me a problem as it is not really complicated :oops: :oops:

Not got a lot of pictures handy but I have recently cut these plates, not finished yet, this was just off the machine. :lol: :lol:
hippo plates front.jpg

GeneMpls
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PRS Buddy48alpha ,4x6' 130w laser, Wazer

Post by GeneMpls »

Thank you- Gary those are great looking projects. I did look at the videos, the Marlin was very instructive, I will be working with that on one monitor when I finally get to setting up a model. Gene