Aspire on MacPro using Bootcamp

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Roger Gaborski
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre 23

Aspire on MacPro using Bootcamp

Post by Roger Gaborski »

For the past two years I have run Aspire on a Windows machine. I’m considering switching to a Apple Mac Pro laptop using Bootcamp. Does anyone have experience running Vectric software on a Mac Pro with Bootcamp and Windows 10?
Thanks,
Roger

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Re: Aspire on MacPro using Bootcamp

Post by LittleGreyMan »

After booting on Windows with Bootcamp, your Mac behaves as any PC. I don't see why you should have any issue.

I am running Aspire on my MBP using VMware and W7. It works flawlessly and avoids re-booting from Mac OS to Windows. Another advantage is all my work files are automatically backed-up with Time Machine.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

gscott40
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Post by gscott40 »

I run Aspire on my MacBook Air and iMac but use VMware fusion that has Windows 8 loaded in it. My humble opinion is that's the best way because you still have your Mac available to you and you can share files and other programs. Parallels is another popular program that does the same thing. Neither is very costly....around $80.
On my iMac I have two monitors and one has Windows on it and the other the Mac desktop. Best of both worlds. Have done the same with the MacBook Air in the past.

Enjoy

George
George
Fridley, MN
Legacy Arty, Aspire, CCAM

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

I've been running on a Mac (not a Mac Pro but it doesn't really matter) with bootcamp for years. It basically turns the machine into a Windows machine, so Aspire runs fine.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I'm another satisfied user of VMware on my MacBook Pro. It has been more reliable than my Dell laptop. I recently used the MacBook for a VCarve and Aspire presentation at McGrew's Aspire cCamp.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

DHDeitrick
Model of CNC Machine: Maverick 3 x 5

Post by DHDeitrick »

Just to throw another option, I have been using Parallels and Windows 10 to run V-Carve Pro and then Aspire since last September on a MacBook Pro. Similar to VMWare, just a different coat. It is nice to be able to have access to the rest of my Mac software when Aspire is open. Something you can't do with Bootcamp. On the other hand, bootcamp does come with all Mac computers, so the overall cost is less. I found myself always in the wrong operating system when using it, so I switched to Parallels, which I have used without difficulty for at least 10 years with other windows programs that were required by my work.