Monthly projects

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Monthly projects

Post by Stephen50 »

Recently saw a file listed under monthly projects of a flowerpot stand a picket fence capable of holding 2 each 4 inch flowerpots. Went today to download the file and I'm unable to locate said file. Any idea where the file may have been relocated to?

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Monthly projects

Post by mtylerfl »

I believe the download link on the page below will work for you:

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/proje ... rrace.html
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Post by Stephen50 »

Looked for it twice last night (projects/cool stuff) my eyes were getting sleepy never found it. Went back this morning found the Flowerpot Terrace project dated February 2017, all is good except for one item I have a desktop which means I have to accomplish two steps first tile the file and second do a reverse side cut. Twice the opportunity to create kindling for my fire pit.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Stephen,

What is the maximum size material your desktop CNC accommodate?

The default project material x, y size is 11" x 24". If your machine bed is too small for that, then you can modify the project files to fit your machine (don't save over the original files, but do a Save-As for any new file layouts you create). You'll need to pay attention regarding placement of the two alignment holes, but that's not difficult - it's just two holes that are centered across the shortest dimension of the board.

Perhaps just having two of the panels per layout, instead of all four as designed now, would work. Delete two panels (leaving two) from both TOP and BOTTOM crv files, re-size your material appropriately and recenter the design layout on the new material size. Then just cut your new TOP and BOTTOM files twice to yield all four panels. I think you can avoid having to tile this project if you take this approach.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC