tool passes not matching

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
TLarr
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger I

tool passes not matching

Post by TLarr »

Please help a newbie out if you can. I have searched the forums but can't seem to find a similar problem ... but I can't be the only person who has experienced this.

I use Aspire on a Legacy Maverick 3X5. When I lay out my toolpaths to cut .25" deep it sets it up for multiple passes ... .125 at a time. The problem is that pass 1 and pass 2 don't match, they are about .25" off on the Y axis. This has happened one other time where I had 4 tool passes programed and each one was about .25" off the next creating a stair stepped effect - which would be great if that's what I needed. Everything however, looks great on the preview.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what can I do to fix this. I have several jobs to run and I need to get up and running.

TLarr

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: tool passes not matching

Post by mtylerfl »

Well, if the preview is correct, then we can rule out a software issue instantly. It's not the software, it's something else.

Next things to check for are...

- verify you are using the correct post processor for your particular machine
- check for any mechanical issues on your machine
- check your controller settings to see if anything is amiss there
- contact your machine manufacturer Tech Support, explain the problem and see what they suggest you check
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: tool passes not matching

Post by martin54 »

As Michael has said if the toolpath preview looks good then look to the machine itself or the control software, posting a couple of pictures of what you have machined would be a good idea if possible, being able to see what is happening normally helps the forum experts identify what is causing the problem.
Once you have finished cutting if you send the machine to 0.0.0 does it return to its original starting position ?