Change Vector Stroke Size

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMMaster Stinger II

Change Vector Stroke Size

Post by davemartin88 »

Is there a way within Aspire to make vectors you have drawn to have a larger stroke size when exported as a .pdf or .svg? I like using Aspire to draw vectors for my laser control program which needs a .25 pt size to recognize a vector. I've been saving the file, importing to Adobe Illustrator and changing all the paths there to the larger size, AI sees the vectors as a .01 pt size when originally imported. I realize I'm new to this so may be going at this the wrong way but I just find the drawing tools within Aspire to work best for me so wondering if there is an obvious way to eliminate a step. Thanks.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: Change Vector Stroke Size

Post by 4DThinker »

Generally all vectors drawn in Aspire have no real width as they are more typically used as centerlines or edges where different bits will pass. Width is selected/changed by selecting the bit you want to use.

You could put them in different layers, and assign different colors to each layer which may help you when exported. I haven't played enough with exports to know how colors and layers are treated though. Aspire is a great CAD program, and was never intended to be a paint program.

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman

Post by davemartin88 »

Thanks, I do use layers for colors but the stroke size is the limitation within the control program that my laser uses. It doesn't take long to do the conversion, just hoping for a way I've missed to make the change.

pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

Post by pro70z28 »

My laser just follows vectors as a centerline if I'm cutting or as a boarder if I'm scanning/filling a design element. What brand/type of laser do you have?

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman

Post by davemartin88 »

My laser is from Full Spectrum Laser, uses their software called RetinaEngrave. Easy to use, especially for someone new to a laser. I’m getting better with doing design in AI, just really like Aspire so always looking for an excuse to stay with it for designing. I heard a rumor that Vectric was going to add some support for lasers but don’t even remember where I heard it.