Toolpath strategy

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
levesquea
Model of CNC Machine: cnc shark pro

Toolpath strategy

Post by levesquea »

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong !!!!
I'm using Aspire V9.015 and I cant for the life of me Reverse the starting point on a profile vgroove.
In order to route a vgroove vertically on a panel with each line 5inches on center, i would like the bit to go from bottom to top on the first line, move over and continue from top to bottom .and repeat
for the rest of the panel.
But I cant seem to be able to reverse the start point in the Node Edit mode. I click the path, then enter N for edit mode and a ~ apprears, I right click and select "Reverse rail" and that doesn't work.
i tried making the other end of the path as my new Start Point.... it doesnt work either.

What am i doing wrong?????

Thanks
Andre

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: Toolpath strategy

Post by 4DThinker »

When in Node mode hover your mouse cursor over the point you want to be the starting point and hit "p" for point.

4D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Toolpath strategy

Post by Adrian »

It should be "Reverse Direction" that you're seeing not "Reverse Rail". Rails are terminology for moulding and two rail sweeps etc not profile vectors.

Once you've set the direction either by using the reverse direction or setting the start node as 4D describes make sure that the Start At tab in the profile toolpath is set to "Keep Current Start Points" otherwise the start points you have set will be ignored.