Mass Change hole sizes

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
gscott40
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Mass Change hole sizes

Post by gscott40 »

I am making an aggravation game board for my neighbor. Luckily I found one vary much like what he wanted...not marbles but pegs. The one I found uses 1/4" holes and since he wants to use golf tees as the pegs I need to convert those holes from 1/4" to 3/16" holes. I tried selecting all of them and changing the size but learned quickly that Aspire treats all of those holes (around 150 of them) as one entity, luckily I do know how to use control Z.
I hope you Aspire experts can tell me how to do this and I don't have to change them one at a time.

Thanks
George
George
Fridley, MN
Legacy Arty, Aspire, CCAM

gscott40
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Re: Mass Change hole sizes

Post by gscott40 »

Thanks, I guess I solved that one on my own. Simply drill 3/16 inch holes rather than 1/4 inch holes. I had pocketing on my mind and being an old f___ I was stuck on that.

George
George
Fridley, MN
Legacy Arty, Aspire, CCAM

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you did want to do it by resizing there are a couple of ways. One is to use the circle resize gadget. The other is to select the circles, press T to bring up the resize tool and then enter the percentage bigger/smaller you want each circle to be and they they will all be resized in one go.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Adrian,

The gadget will work great, but the resize tool will take all the selected circles and resize the group according to the grouped Height and Width not the individual circles. Unless I'm missing something and need schooling :D :D :D
John
Maker of Chips

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

The offset tool, with "Delete original" selected, can make new holes the size you want perfectly centered where the old holes were. You just have to do some quick math to know what value to use. To go from 1/4" holes to 3/16" holes the offset should be Inwards and the distance should be 1/32" (.03125).

4D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

highpockets wrote:Adrian,

The gadget will work great, but the resize tool will take all the selected circles and resize the group according to the grouped Height and Width not the individual circles. Unless I'm missing something and need schooling :D :D :D
Not if you use the percentage value.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Yes, using the percentage changes the size of all the circles, but it also moves the location of the circles.

If you want the circles to stay in their original location just modify their size it doesn't work. Unless I need additional schooling, I can be quite dense :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Multiple 1" circles
Multiple 1" circles
Selected and percentage set to 50%
Selected and percentage set to 50%
Circles are now 1/2", but have moved in location
Circles are now 1/2", but have moved in location
John
Maker of Chips

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

No-one said anything about keeping them in the same place just changing their size in one go. :lol: :P

Offset works best. I never used to use that for circles as it created loads of line segments but it looks like that's been fixed somewhere along the line.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll stick with the gadget :D
John
Maker of Chips