Save a cut3d file

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
gscott40
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Save a cut3d file

Post by gscott40 »

I am making some cribbage boards and would like to put a Walleye in the center. Aspire comes with a Bass but in Minnesota the Walleye is king, and they know the difference. I purchased a Walleye from Design and Makeit. Following the video I put it into a dish. All fine so far. I now would like to save it as a 3Dclip file and put into my clipart data base. I chose to save it as a 3Dclip file but.....it also included the material, not just the fish and the dish. I know I can select each component level and save them but I can't select all three of them at the same time. I can't seem to group them either (or don't now how). The videos often don't go all the way. She shows how to save the tool paths but if I want to use that horse head how to I create a usable 3dclip file. (a little er complaining here). None of the other videos deal with this either....I spent the day yesterday watching a few of videos.

So some guidance folks. I just hoping this isn't one of those "DUH". answers.

Thanks ahead....

George
George
Fridley, MN
Legacy Arty, Aspire, CCAM

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Save a cut3d file

Post by martin54 »

Have you tried baking it so you don't have different components? Not created any 3dclip files myself so can't help with the process sorry :lol:

Not got the software on this machine but have you checked to see if there is an option to group using the right click menu ??

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Try hiding the zero plane before saving as the zero plane is a component and is probably what you're seeing as the material. Whether that will affect the quality of the clip I don't know.

gscott40

Post by gscott40 »

Thanks for your attempts to assist. I turned off the zero planes and it' clear that won't do it. I can't seem to bake it...I probably don't know how and there isn't a video on baking levels. I don't know how to group them....does the checked box mean they are selected and grouped? The manual leaves a lot to be desired. Many of the older videos allude to this but none of them I have found tell how to create a 3d clip file like I want.
I have sent an email to support....wait and see what they say.

Thanks again

George

Maybe I'll go out and shovel snow....oh wait the sun is shining and snow if melting...kinda
George
Fridley, MN

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

gscott40

Post by gscott40 »

Vectric support got right back to me....and Adrian was partly right....it was the zero planes that were the problem. I deleted them, not turn them off, and all went well. I was able to export the 3d clip file I wanted. I guess you can add the zero plane back if you need in the project you might be doing.

And thanks for pointing me to the two spots. I printed out the info and will play a bit more....rather than shovel snow. :)
George
Fridley, MN