Text on Text with a 3D componet added

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
parentsdisapointment
Model of CNC Machine: piranha

Text on Text with a 3D componet added

Post by parentsdisapointment »

Ok, so I'm doing a text on text sign for my buddy who just got married........I wanted to add a 3D double heart to the mix because I like the weave.

I had figured out how to add the hearts by putting a rectangle around it so as to be able to create a tool path for it.

all worked out well until,

it's not on the exact same plane as the text........the text on text is set to .25 deep and I thought that the heart were also, but there is a noticeable bump/height difference where I have the rectangle outline I used around the hearts.......

here's the question.........how do I get the two different types [2d & 3D] on the same plane so the hearts are seamless? [pictures provided]

new on this 3D stuff so bear w/me and I hope I made sense.

TIA and hopefully I can understand your lingo to correct this.

this was a project for his wedding gift, but I didn't quite make it..[he was married in Jan] .........having fun learning tho ! ! !
Attachments
component info
component info
material setup info
material setup info
heart in rectangle 2d view
heart in rectangle 2d view
text on text and before hearts are carved out
text on text and before hearts are carved out
hearts carved out but noticeable height difference not so much in picture, but definitely on the finished product
hearts carved out but noticeable height difference not so much in picture, but definitely on the finished product

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: Text on Text with a 3D componet added

Post by dwilli9013 »

Is this like what you are after?
Attachments
stacked.jpg
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

parentsdisapointment
Model of CNC Machine: piranha

Post by parentsdisapointment »

Yes........I think I figured it out......I ran the cnc machine and I noticed it was traveling above where it's supposed to be cutting/carving. I stopped the program and I went and looked at the height that was on the pendant. it showed it was at .2........so I went back into the software and the only place I could see where .2 was, was in the material setup. so I changed the setting in "gap above model" to .05 in model position in material. I am now dead on, just a little sanding and you won't be seeing a thing.
Attachments
changed setting at gap above model
changed setting at gap above model

gscott40
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Post by gscott40 »

As long as we are on this topic I have a similar question. No problem doing text on text (fun project). I now want to position a 3d graphic so that it appears to be in the background...I assume same level as the main text.

For example...being from the state of Minnesota I want MINNESOTA to be the main block text. Star of the North (state motto) in cursive over it. Then trees in the background behind (same level??) as the word Minnesota. Not separate from the word. I have come close but not conquered it yet. Hope I explained that as I have no graphic.

George
George
Fridley, MN
Legacy Arty, Aspire, CCAM

Fred Grover
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Pilot Pro 5050

Post by Fred Grover »

Ok, I have watched the Vectric Video Tutorial of Simple Stacked Text so can anyone tell me or show me how to add a background texture to the Text on Text as I am confused on how this is done and would like to have a woodgrain type pattern on the background if this makes sense. Thanks for any help and have a great day/night. :)