Slider bar at bottom of ToolPath tab

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Slider bar at bottom of ToolPath tab

Post by joeporter »

Every time I put a check mark on a tool path to hi-light it, the slider bar goes all the way to the right forcing me to drag it back to the left to check the next tool path. I know the slider is to uncover hidden text left unseen, but it is a nuisance to have to slide each time I want to check a box at the start of the tool path. Is there a way to prevent this or expand the size of the pane to accommodate a larger tool path to prevent having to slide the bar? I have tried to expand the pane, but no luck. Thanks for any help in this matter...joe
Attachments
Slider bar to the left
Slider bar to the left
Slider bar to the right
Slider bar to the right

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Slider bar at bottom of ToolPath tab

Post by Adrian »

You can't make the toolpath tab any wider than it is.

Why such long toolpath names? If it's to make things easier at the machining end you could use the toolpath notes etc and display them. That's what I do with my jobs. I have my ShopBot Post Processor and control software set to show the tool name, tool notes, job notes etc when loading the job.

joeporter
Vectric Wizard

Post by joeporter »

OK, thanks, Adrian. I will follow your advice and make my long notes elsewhere...joe

jimwill2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

Post by jimwill2 »

I also put notes in the name of my toolpath... If you double-click the Toolpaths title above the toolpaths you will get the Toolpath Management box that you can resize and move to anyplace on your monitor (vs 9.15 only.) In version 8.5 there is an icon for opening it. I like having the notes in my toolpath name; I need all the help I can get.
Jim Williams

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Didn't know about the double click but you can also access the notes by clicking on the Toolpath Summary icon (clock) if you don't need the floating window.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Hmm....same issue here was bugging me:(
I do mainly one ofs nowadays, and I'll try a few different angle/shank/ vbits and engraving bits, and different radius pointed roundover bits to get the look I want.
I add the description of the bit so I don't have to open each one or hover.
Really is a pain when you're trying to preview different combinations!
You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse for the slider, but STILL....:(
Never had that issue with VCP8.5**
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

joeporter
Vectric Wizard

Post by joeporter »

jimwill2 wrote:I also put notes in the name of my toolpath... If you double-click the Toolpaths title above the toolpaths you will get the Toolpath Management box that you can resize and move to anyplace on your monitor (vs 9.15 only.) In version 8.5 there is an icon for opening it. I like having the notes in my toolpath name; I need all the help I can get.
Thanks, Jim, that works great!...joe

DLWOODWORKS
Vectric Apprentice

Post by DLWOODWORKS »

jimwill2 wrote:I also put notes in the name of my toolpath... If you double-click the Toolpaths title above the toolpaths you will get the Toolpath Management box that you can resize and move to anyplace on your monitor (vs 9.15 only.) In version 8.5 there is an icon for opening it. I like having the notes in my toolpath name; I need all the help I can get.
WOW! Didn't know you could double click and bring up a floating window like that. VERY helpful. I tend to also put a bunch of information in the toolpath name. Now I have a way to keep that pesky non-sizeable display of toolpaths from scrolling back and forth. SWEET!!