V Carve toolpath error?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
killersoundz
Model of CNC Machine: 4x8 Router

V Carve toolpath error?

Post by killersoundz »

Cutting a Vcarve toolpath on this letter B. I first thought the machine had skipped steps so I stopped it and checked by homing it. did not skip any steps but I repeated it from scratch again and got the same result. aspire toolpath preview doesn't show these lines. please note I have been engraving other things (not this deep however) with no issue with the same vcarve toolpath option

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: V Carve toolpath error?

Post by martin54 »

If the toolpath preview looks good then the problem probably lies elsewhere, have you checked both the angle & the diameter of your V bit to confirm it is set up correctly in the tool database ?

Would it be possible for you to post the CRV3D file & the gcode file :lol: :lol:

killersoundz
Model of CNC Machine: 4x8 Router

Post by killersoundz »

martin54 wrote:If the toolpath preview looks good then the problem probably lies elsewhere, have you checked both the angle & the diameter of your V bit to confirm it is set up correctly in the tool database ?

Would it be possible for you to post the CRV3D file & the gcode file :lol: :lol:
It's a .75" 90 degree v bit. I measured it with calipers just now and it's right on. here's the aspire file. The rest of the vcarve in the toolpath ran perfect
Attachments
bafflenew.crv3d
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

That looks like a flex issue with the machine to me. The areas show different loading on the tool. Check that everything is tight and there is no slop.