set ,up question

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
capdenny
Model of CNC Machine: 3040 3D

set ,up question

Post by capdenny »

In aspire or vcarve when you make a tool path you have the option of what machine you are running from the list but I am running a china made machine and that is not on the list. So what do I select. I am new to the cnc world and just learning so if some of the question I ask in the future seem silly I am sorry. Any advise is more than welcome.

Thank you,
capdenny

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: set ,up question

Post by Adrian »

Rather than the machine the important thing is the control software that you are running on the machine. If it's Mach3 then you would select a Mach3 post processor, if it's WinCNC you would select a WinCNC post processor etc.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: set ,up question

Post by martin54 »

Just to add to Adrians answer as well as selecting either the mach3 or wincnc post processor you need to select the right version of that post processor, that is dependant on what units the machine has been set up using NOT on what units you are using for your design.

You should know if your machine has been set up to run with say mach3 using imperial units (inches) or metric units (mm) so you would select the post processor that mentioned those units in the name.