Aspire Text Select Window Fuzzy

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMMaster Stinger II

Aspire Text Select Window Fuzzy

Post by davemartin88 »

Picture below, just recently started seeing the text selection window show up fuzzy when trying to select a new font. I'm on the latest release, 9.013 and not sure if it started then or not, just happened in the last few days. Everything else looks fine and the created text is fine, just the selection screen is fuzzy. Font's look fine in Windows as well. Running Windows 10, any ideas?
Attachments
aspiretext.jpg

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Aspire Text Select Window Fuzzy

Post by davemartin88 »

Lots of looks but no ideas so far on the cause or fix? One other thing I noticed is that the font window extends completely across the display as well. This may have started when I opened a project using higher resolution than the normal standard option but have tried again in different resolutions and the problem remains. Just trying to give some more background. Maybe it is time to redownload the software installer from the portal and install again.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Never seen anything like that before and I'm guessing by the lack of responses that I'm not alone.

I'd say it's a Windows rather than Vectric issue. I'd look at the update history and maybe wind back to a date before it happened.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Someone else reported this same problem a few days ago on a FaceBook page. Here is how he said solved the problem:

***SOLVED***
I selected the Adjust ClearType text option in the Fonts Control Panel, checked and unchecked the radio button labled "Turn on ClearType" (which appears to just add a drop shadow under the text), and followed the wizard to tune the text on my displays. Restarted VCarve Pro and the dialog box is as it should be. Weird.

>>Original Post:

Anyone have an issue with (or a fix for) the TrueType Font drop down list being unreadable? I just installed VCarve Pro 9.014 and this is what I get with any of the text tools. I have Aspire Trial 9.012 installed and it has the same issue. The single line drop down selection is just wide enough for the text and works as expected.

The drop down selection box runs to the right edge of the screen no matter the position of the VCarve Window. I have an extended desktop with dual monitors and if VCarve is only on the left screen the drop down extends all the way to the right side of the 2nd display...

I have tried also changing the Windows 10 settings to single display and lowering the resolution down to no avail.

TIA for any help! <<End Original Post
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman

Post by davemartin88 »

Thanks for passing along the fix from the other user that had the problem. I just came back up from a Windows System Restore and my problem cleared- wish I had waited just a bit longer but thinking I may have some other Windows issues going on. Now I just have to figure out how to get back to Windows 10 as the restore has me on the Windows 7 version that came with the PC. Thanks again for those out there that help with these kinds of things!

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman

Post by davemartin88 »

Well, after spending all day yesterday getting my PC running again after a system restore from back up, the problem with the Vectric text screen just came back. I used Aspire this morning, worked fine. Just opened a file now and the text screen is fuzzy. Tried the fix above that helped the other poster and no change. Understand the thinking it is a Windows issue but only happens so far with Aspire? Very frustrating and makes the text function unusable. Thanks for the ideas so far.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

davemartin88 wrote:Well, after spending all day yesterday getting my PC running again after a system restore from back up, the problem with the Vectric text screen just came back. I used Aspire this morning, worked fine. Just opened a file now and the text screen is fuzzy. Tried the fix above that helped the other poster and no change. Understand the thinking it is a Windows issue but only happens so far with Aspire? Very frustrating and makes the text function unusable. Thanks for the ideas so far.
I don't know if this will help, but quick search found this explanation/fix for Win 10:

http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman

Post by davemartin88 »

Thanks for the link, workaround was not exactly as described but running Aspire in the compatibility mode for Windows 7 made it work. The option to override high DPI scaling didn't make a difference but choosing to run in Windows 7 mode worked. Interesting how this went away, then came back but we are talking about computers. I had searched a bunch but didn't find this article, blurry probably worked better than "fuzzy" I guess? I have been running on Windows 10 for sometime but didn't see the problem until a few days ago and didn't have any recent updates around that time. Thanks again, hopefully it's gone to stay this time!