Problems with cutting

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: PROBLEMS WITH CUTTING

Post by mtylerfl »

dealguy11 wrote:Both the gcode and the Aspire file that produced it would be helpful.
Yes, please also post the GCode for Steve (and possibly others) to look over.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Trock

Re: PROBLEMS WITH CUTTING

Post by Trock »

Hi,

I have a home built machine using Mach 3 as well. I've had great results for several years, still do.
BUT, I did a project for my grand daughter, a doll house cutout on thin plywood with very many cut shapes. I could not reliably get a complete cut. It was just missing some lines. Strange.

i also have a flashcut machine, so i used a Flashcut PP and it ran complete the first one and the other 5 sheets of hundreds of parts.
So now when I have a problem using the normal Mach 3 PP, I just substitute it with the Flashcut PP.

Works great every time. One thing I noticed is the Mach PP used more arcs and Flashcut used more point to point.

Bottom line, try it and see if it changes the cutting operation. Worked for me.

Terry

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Problems with cutting

Post by TReischl »

Some thing to think about:

There are at least hundreds of Aspire users that use the Mach 3 posts.

The problem you describe would be showing up on lots of machines not just yours.

The easiest solution is to always point at the software, that is something you do not have to fix. Of course, the problem will not go away because there is nothing to be fixed.

Not trying to be snarky with this post. The problem is that a lot of time can be spent investigating a suspected software issue. There have been very few cases where the software just went bananas. So, it is best to start looking at mechanical/electrical issues first. One of the mistakes folks make is to state that well, it must be the software because I have this program that runs fine that I wrote some time ago. Problem is that program could have slower feedrates, doc, etc.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns