Tiling toolpaths

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Chris Corcoran
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft 2-840

Tiling toolpaths

Post by Chris Corcoran »

I have a large design requiring tiling feature. Original design and toolpaths ran fine in small scale models, when I increased job size and switched on tiling to create 4 2'x2' tiles. Toolpaths for each tile ran fine in simulation, transfer files to UCCNC for machining, toolpaths no longer match simulated toolpaths. Incorrect size and toolpaths wandering around and in some cases run off machine bed it seems. It was mentioned about creating multiple files of original design, then deleting 3 sections of pie piece and run just 1 tile. Do this until all 4 are cut. I do not seem to have the nack to set this up properly. Thanks for you help in advance!!

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Tiling toolpaths

Post by martin54 »

If it ran OK in the simulation then the problem more than likely lies with the machine or the machine control software, are you using the correct Post Processor? It helps the experts on the forum if you can include your vectric file (copyright permitting) or if you can post the gcode there are those on the forum who read gcode who can help.
I have just done a few jobs using tiling & UCCNC without any problems what so ever buy only tiled in one direction. :lol: :lol:

Chris Corcoran

Post by Chris Corcoran »

Will double check post processor, and see if I can download file to be seen here. Thanks

Chris Corcoran

Post by Chris Corcoran »

I hope this is enough info, thanks again.
Attachments
USP logo 1 copy 1.crv3d
Entire project
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
T1_Pocket 1 USP Logo #11.txt
Tile #1
(45.67 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
T2_Pocket 1 USP Logo #11.txt
Tile #2
(42.37 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
T3_Pocket 1 USP Logo #11.txt
Tile #3