Scrolling/panning screen in 2D View

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Scrolling/panning screen in 2D View

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Hello Aspire experts,,,,,,,,,, Is there any way to scroll around in the "2D View" window? If there isn't,,, I always do a lot of zooming in and out, moving the mouse around, to kind of simulate panning, but this is really awkward, and I have never found that to be acceptable.

For all the years I have enjoyed using Aspire, the ONE thing that has always bugged me is having to use the bottom and side scroll bars to move the viewed area while working in 2D. Most if not all of the other software that I use, allows easy panning. Yet in Aspire, easy panning can only be done in the "3D View" (by simultaneously pressing and holding the left and right mouse buttons while dragging the mouse).

I keep hoping that in the next version, this flaw will be corrected. All kinds of other things get improved, things that are cool, and that I never would have thought of. But not being able to scroll in the "2D View" seems like it should have been fixed a long time ago.

I especially notice this after I have been using Photoshop, where while holding down the space bar, you can pan around the screen by dragging the mouse........... I instinctively want to do the same in Aspire. I do that in Aspire, it doesn't work, and I then go DUHHH.... :oops: Since panning in Aspire's "3D View", is also easy and intuitive..... I hope that some day they will do the same for the "2D View". And if there is already some way to do this in 2D, I'll go DUHHHHH again :oops: , but then be glad......... :D

Thanks, Chuck

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Scrolling/panning screen in 2D View

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Chuck,

Does your mouse have a center scroll wheel? If so, press down on it (and hold) to pan any direction you desire by moving the mouse. Roll the wheel to and fro to zoom in and out.

(No mouse wheel? Hold down Ctrl-key and the right mouse button to pan....Hold Shift-key and Push / Pull the mouse with the right mouse button held down to Zoom)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Michael! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I had no idea! Hopefully I am the only one who has missed this!!!!!!!!! Thanks again, Chuck!!!!!

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Glad to help, Chuck!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I also missed that.... GREAT time saver!!!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The scrolling/panning controls can be seen by going to Help Contents on the Help menu and clicking View Controls. The Shortcut Keys are worth a look as well as they can really make things quicker and easier.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

I guess I should include the icon-based 2D view pan and zoom controls, as well. I didn't even think about that until today, since I never use those icons, preferring shortcut keys and mouse controls instead.

See the screenshot from the version 9 software...
Attachments
icon-based_2D-Pan-and-Zoom.png
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC