Odd light areas on 3d Preview

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Odd light areas on 3d Preview

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Hello Vectric friends.... I am making a 3D model using lots of two rail sweeps. I noticed some areas on leafs that I am making, which have light areas, as indicated with red outlines in the attached image. I can look at the 3d model from all kinds of angles, and the leafs are smooth, and the light areas show up from all angles. These are not part of the image shading/rendering.

And when I turn off the affected parts in the 3D modeling tree, there is nothing behind the part. And in the 2D drawing window, I don't see anything that correlates with these light areas. And I made all of these leafs (and more not shown) using the same technique. But only these few leafs have the light areas............

We are always cautioned to pay attention to the renderings....... Well, I am paying attention, but I don't know if I should worry or not..... Should I fix anything? If so, what?

Thank you for your time and suggestions, Chuck
Attachments
Shadow lines on leafs for forum 1-24-18.jpg

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: Odd light areas on 3d Preview

Post by Bob Reda »

I would toolpath it and run the simulation and see what it looks like. If it looks ok then I wouldn't worry about it.

Bob

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

What do you think those light areas are? What other area(s) in the image are also "light"? Could they be related? Are you going to cut the project with a bit small enough for that gap (and "gap" is a hint) to matter?

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Thanks for the replies. I've been tied up since my post. Hopefully later today I'll simulate cutting the part and see what shows up there. As to the light areas, the only such areas in the entire design are the ones I have shown. I really don't have any idea what caused this. Sometimes when I am working on a design, I will notice when I do one thing in one area, that something else gets affected, and then I go back and undo what I have done, and redo it.......... In this case, I had been very focused in for long stretches, so if something outside of my view changed, such as these light spots, I didn't see them as they occurred............ Chuck

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Hmmm, other problems are preventing me from getting back to this problem........... please see my newest post on this same project, but a new problem to be fixed first..... Chuck