Free Projects Questions

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Free Projects Questions

Post by TSM2018 »

Is there a function to reduce or enlarge the entire free projects? Let's take the bentwood rocker. I can select the entire outline of the side of the rocker, but how do I specify I want to enlarge everything that is in the file for 'dark wood' to xx percent; le'ts say for a small child's doll size...

I can select and spin the piece based upon my wood grain, rockers can break off, but I want to increase the size of every piece at one time and enlarge all of the pieces (in theory) so they will all be resized as a group to xx percentage larger or smaller. I do know that I can CTRL A (All) and then paste them into a new file. I am able to resize each individual component...(I am trying to use the correct words as indicated in the manual... from memory). I like smaller files to test; as you don't waste as much time/wood.

Thanks in advance for your review...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Free Projects Questions

Post by Adrian »

You can use the Set Selected Objects Size tool (shortcut press T). Press Ctrl-A to select everything (vectors and components) and then enter the percentage you want to increase/decrease by. Click Apply, recalculate toolpaths and you should be good to go.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian has said you can alter size by percentage or by typing in a size for either the height or width, make sure the link x y is checked for a proportional change. Only problem you will have with this is if you have recesses that are cut for other parts to fit into. Like the paradise box where the side panels have recesses that the front & back fit into. If you alter the width of those recesses then you would have to use a thicker or thinner material material depending on if you were scaling up or down :lol: :lol: :lol:

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman

Post by TSM2018 »

My brain is on Vectric Aspire overload...back to the manual for short cut keys! I'm printing those short cut keys to cardstock to keep on my desk for a while! And obviously, if I make smaller, I will select smaller tool for the router.. I wonder how small I can machine and keep detail for fussy carvings like the overmantle tutorial. It will be fun to experiment! My smallest is a 1/16" ballnose...

Sweet! Thanks to both of you...I really thought there was a way to do this.

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman

Post by TSM2018 »

Bentwood Rocker NO TABS.JPG
I edited the file to make the board smaller to .125" x 3" x 15" repositioned the parts on the board and re-ran the tool paths.

Once you cut out the parts, the first two tool paths in the list, the tabs disappear on the small oval, and each side of the bentwood rocker and the two straight parts. How do you keep tabs in the same position through multiple tool paths.

The parts will be small, and they will move when routing if I don't keep the tabs on the pieces.

Thanks -

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Check how the tabs are created. With profile cuts they are part of the vectors and should move with them. With 3D models they are components in their own right and need to be physically moved with the relevant component.

lavon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: cncrouterparts

Post by lavon »

"typing in a size for either the height or width, make sure the link x y is checked for a proportional change"

But show where you type in sizes

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

In the Size tool. 2nd icon in the Transform Objects section or press T.