Array Copy Toolpath

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FLA Saturn 4x4 / 7W & 60W lasers

Array Copy Toolpath

Post by Beltramidave »

First time trying to use the Array Copy Toolpath.. I have an item that I want to make multiple copies of that needs four tool changes per item, so I thought I would try using the Array Copy Toolpath.

I have a roughing, finishing, vcarve and profile toolpath for each item. When I create the Array toolpath, I have also checked "minimize tool changes". When I simulate the toolpath, the roughing toolpath finishes all four items and then moves to the finishing toolpath. This is where the problem comes in, it finishes all the toolpaths on the first item and then moves on to the next and finishes the last three toolpaths before moving on to the next item.

Not sure if I can post the .crv3d file or not. All I am using is the gingerbread man from the clipart.

I have also tried to copy the original artwork several times and then just select all the roughing, then finishing, then Vcarve, then profile, but then the finishing toolpath jumps from one item to the next without completely finishing the one it started until later. Pretty sure I am setting this up correctly...

I have sent my file to Vectric support, but not sure if I will here back with the holidays. Any body have any ideas? Would glady post the file, if it is alright to do so.

Thanks
Dave
https://lakesedgewoodcraft.com/

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: Array Copy Toolpath

Post by ohiolyons »

Never tried this toolpath before, so I tried it from your post.

Vectric I have another file for your diagnosis if you need it.

Win 10 aspire 9.012
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I've set it up as explained and it's doing what I would expect it to according to the documentation so it looks like it might be a particular combination.

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

Adrian could you put your file up so we can look at it. Tried cutting mine down to bare minimum and it is still too big to post.

When I select minimize tool changes it run the roughing pass on all 4 copies. Then it performs the finish, vcarve and profile on each copy one at a time before proceeding to the next copy.

If I don't select minimize too changes it performs all roughing on all for copies, Then all finishes on all four copies before switching to vcave and then finally the profile.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FLA Saturn 4x4 / 7W & 60W lasers

Post by Beltramidave »

Ohiolyons, sounds like when you had the minimize tool changes selected, it worked exactly like mine. Interesting though how yours worked without it being checked. That is how I would have expected it the other way.
There was nothing else in my file other than the gingerbread man. I created a vector around it and did a roughing, finishing (offset), vcarved the date and then a profile cut.
Dave
https://lakesedgewoodcraft.com/

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

9.013 solves the problem, download ASAP
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio