Images being stretched horizontally

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
edb
Model of CNC Machine: explorer2

Images being stretched horizontally

Post by edb »

Hello,
Using explorer2, cncwrapper, and mach3.
Import an image into aspire, set it up properly, export with appropriate post processor. Import that file into cncwrapper, to wrap x to a.
import into mach3 and run, BUT, "sometimes" not consistently, the image is cut stretched horizontally. Example; if the original image is 4" X 4" brought into aspire, exported, brought into cncwrapper, set up to cut X to A, brought into mach3, the results are an image cut 4" high x 6" wide. As mentioned, not consistently and I cannot figure out why!
The system is offline so no incoming problems.
running windows 10, aspire 8.5, cncwrapper current version and mach3
One thing noticed, however, I can cut 3 maybe 4 of these with no issues, then this happens, and each after that is stretched.
Believe me , I am extremely frustrated!!!

thanks

dvaskie127
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Re: Images being stretched horizontally

Post by dvaskie127 »

You said that it doesn't happen all the time, but does it happen every time you run a particular file? When it does happen can you repeat the error or if you run a file and it has the error if you run it again it comes out correct? The picture that you import into aspire is it in the original form or has it been edited in any particular program?

edb
Model of CNC Machine: explorer2

Re: Images being stretched horizontally

Post by edb »

Hello,
sorry for the delay , I forgot my password.
No this happens with any file. Once it occurs, any file will be stretched. What I did to solve this, hopefully, is to install the first release of windows 10. This happened regularly after the windows 10 October 17th update. I contacted Microsoft about the mis-calculations the update caused. They fixed it, and 2 days later they broke it again with another update.
That computer is offline now so it does not update. Although the first release of widows 10 is a bit klunky, so far there was only one time this occurred until I disabled windows defender which was one of the culprits.
Microsoft, of course did not fix the problem even after several feedback notes I gave them. So I have to stick with windows 10 version 1511 first release, I can't risk it since this is a production machine.
I can't actually pinpoint what was causing the mis-calculations, even though Microsoft did know with the fix, they then, as mentioned broke it again. Had microsoft actually confided in me of the fix/cause I would have implemented it, but good luck with that!

thanks