Suggestion

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
lfinsr57
Model of CNC Machine: Home built

Suggestion

Post by lfinsr57 »

I'd like to suggest that it would be beneficial to create a tutorial explaining all of the height settings and how they interact with each other.

Starting with examples of when and why you would use a machine bed zero vs. material surface zero on the material setup. Then into the modeling with zero height plane, base height, and final height including using negative values. Then on to toolpath and the model position in material.

I know most seem self explanatory but I'm sure there's more than meets the eye. I've also had the occasion to lie to the software and use an incorrect height on purpose but I can't remember off hand exactly what I was doing.

Does anyone else think something like this would be helpful? I've watched many hours of videos and have learned an incredible amount. However, the frustration I find is there's no logical path to follow thru all of them. Most are targeted to a specific feature. I find the "Tips and Tricks" videos very helpful without sucking an entire evening and this would seem to be a good fit for that.

I'm just now beginning with Aspire having used VCarve for several years. The transition is not going as smoothly as hoped but I'll get there, just need more time.

Thanks for listening.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Suggestion

Post by dealguy11 »

It does seem to be confusing to many, so I suppose a couple of tutorials couldn't hurt. These concepts have been explained many times on this forum. Here's one: http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... de#p176370
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Makingtoothpicks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cncrouterparts CPR2448

Re: Suggestion

Post by Makingtoothpicks »

I think that is a good idea.
Don