Clip Art Preview Images

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
DRD
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

Clip Art Preview Images

Post by DRD »

I purchased a few CD's of Vector Art 3D collections a few years ago and just copied the files on to my hard drive. I also have purchased stand alone chip art and downloaded them from the website. I can see what the preview images look like in the clipart tab for what came with the Aspire software and the stand alone ones but all I can see for what I downloaded from the disk is the Vectric logo. The files work just fine when I drag them over into the work area. Is there any way I can get the images to preview like all the clipart that came with with the software?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Clip Art Preview Images

Post by Adrian »

The old ones probably pre-date the addition of previews in the software. At that time that change was made it was possible to go to the VectorArt3D site and download new versions of the clipart that was on the disc by logging into your account.

VectorArt3D is now Design & Make so I would try logging in there to see if the files are in your account for download or not.

DRD

Post by DRD »

I purchased the Design & Carve Wildlife and VA3D Gold Collections DVD's with version 4.5 Aspire back in May 2014. I checked the my Design & Make account and only my stand alone clipart purchases are listed, not the Gold Collections DVD's. Thank you for the post anyhow and I am open to to any other possible fixes you may have.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

It would take a while but you could load and export each image as a 3DClip file by right clicking on the model in the component tree.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Did you have a different email address that you used at some point & did you register your Vectorart3D account with Design & Make when it switched over ? I would think your best bet would be to contact Vectric Support & ask them if there is anything that can be done.

DRD

Post by DRD »

I want to do this so time is not an issue for me. I do need a little more detail on how to do this. I did right click on the logo image in the component tree and it gave me two options. "Import To Level" and "Open Containing Folder". I did the "Import To Level" and the file opened in the work space. I then went under file and clicked export and it gave me five file types. EPS, DXF, AI, SVG, & PDF. I did the DXF and exported with the name "Test" to the directory on my hard drive for the .V3M files and the file does not show up in the component tree.

When I first purchased the clip art back in 2014 I did a hard copy sheet of all the images on the DVD's but the paper copies are starting to show some wear and since the DVD's are no longer offered I can't do that again. I am fine doing this a file at a time to get the images to show up in the component tree. I really appreciate you help on this.

DRD

Post by DRD »

I am still using the same e-mail address. I was thinking since I purchased the clip art as DVD's instead of downloading it is why they do not show up in my account. Thank you for the reply to my problem.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

DRD wrote:I want to do this so time is not an issue for me. I do need a little more detail on how to do this. I did right click on the logo image in the component tree and it gave me two options. "Import To Level" and "Open Containing Folder". I did the "Import To Level" and the file opened in the work space. I then went under file and clicked export and it gave me five file types. EPS, DXF, AI, SVG, & PDF. I did the DXF and exported with the name "Test" to the directory on my hard drive for the .V3M files and the file does not show up in the component tree
Once you've imported the clipart you need to go the modelling tab and right click on the Component tree on the model name you've imported. The fifth item down is export as 3D clipart. It sounds like you might have a got the Clipart tree and Component tree mixed up.

You can import as many in one go as you like and export them individually. I'm not sure if there any consequences to modelling resolution etc converting the files this way so I would still drop a line to Design & Make to see if they can supply you with updated originals.