Editing G-Code File

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Editing G-Code File

Post by IslaWW »

Peter...
I'm pretty sure that your S&P example can be easily done using multiple strategies currently available Vectric features. They wont overcome hardware issues tho. If you can't get the backlash dialed out using Mach, you should look at Centroid. They have a new DIY system that has features well above what you might need. I'm in the process building retrofit systems using Centroid Acorn and I'm impressed. My guess is that are about a million Mach guys that are ready for a plug and play upgrade to modern control.

Leo...
+1 to your comments. Even tho our small rotary's will do more than most think, they usually do way less than many users want. When are you going to have a "Leo School"? As a "router head", and now that I have a Bridgeport and a lathe running on CNC, I've found that I don't know didly about machining as its so different from routing.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Editing G-Code File

Post by Leo »

Gary,

You and Michael are the educators. I am a wanna bee in that arena. Perhaps some day we can meet and join forces. What you do is more than impressive. What Michael does is equally more than impressive.

I know more about cutting metal than I know about CNC routering in the materials we play with, but I am learning. Yes they are 2 different worlds.

All in all - the group here in this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I have been humbled on more than one occasion.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC