Rapid No Go Area

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
spinningwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Taig Mill and Self Built Routers

Rapid No Go Area

Post by spinningwood »

Material is 4' x 8'. There are 88 areas that are being pocketed with a rapid between each area. I have clamps strategically placed away from toolpaths. Aspire wants to rapid across some of the clamps. I could avoid clamp crashing by changing safe Z from 0.2" to 1", but then that's a lot more Z movement on the job adding a lot of time. Is there anyway to define no go zones in aspire for rapid moves? I looked through the manual, FAQ and forum but didn't see anything addressing clamp avoidance other than adjusting safe Z. I'm hoping I overlooked something.

I suppose I could manually edit the GCode to use a higher safe z only in the problem areas, but I might be better off just running the job with a higher Z.

Ed

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Rapid No Go Area

Post by Adrian »

Set Z1 to the height to clear the clamps and Z2 just above the material. Providing your post processer has the RAPID_PLUNGE_TO_STARTZ set then the moves between Z1 and Z2 will be made at rapid rates rather than plunge rates.

There is no way to easily "block" areas in XY.

spinningwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Taig Mill and Self Built Routers

Re: Rapid No Go Area

Post by spinningwood »

Thanks Adrian - I'm on a new machine with a new post processor that was missing the RAPID_PLUNGE_TO_STARTZ. I'm going to modify that right away. I'm glad you mentioned it.

I ended up editing my g-code for this job. It didn't take long to find the clamp transits using the mach3 preview. Maybe X/Y no go areas will be in a future update.

Ed