Is it my machine or my design???

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ikessky

Is it my machine or my design???

Post by ikessky »

Alright, I'm going nuts here trying to get a new machine going! It's a PDJ Pilot Pro using Mach3. I made a simple name with a V carving tool path to test things out. I can't get it to come out for the life of me. The spindle immediately goes into the wood at my zero point and proceeds to cut a path over to the letter it's supposed to start on. Then it lifts up and makes like it routes the letters, but it does so above the wood. Then it moves to the next letter by plunging down and moving, comes back out of the wood to "route" the next letter. I have the zero being done at the top of my material. Am I screwing something up or is it a machine setting? Z+ is down on this router.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Is it my machine or my design???

Post by Adrian »

Z+ down will be your problem. The standard is Z+ is up and Z- is down. You'll need to either change the wiring/settings on the machine to reverse it or create a custom post processor.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Are you using the Pilot Pro Mach3 configuration from PDJ? If not contact Phil at PDJ and have him send it to you.
John
Maker of Chips

ikessky

Post by ikessky »

highpockets - He sent me 4.06.10 and 4.06.5.... Both so the same thing. Something must be messed up with those or the wiring because Y+ makes the gantry come towards me. I figured out that I can change that in the outputs by changing the active low to dir or by checking the reverse in the one screen. Would you ever be willing to screen shot your config screens for me?

Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Post by Samson »

In Mach3 go to the settings for ports/pins and check it to reverse it.
Attachments
PinsPorts.jpg

ikessky

Post by ikessky »

That did it gentlemen!!! Man, I went batty over this until I finally feel asleep at 3am..... Came back to the garage at 8 and had a successful test piece cut by 8:15!