Unable to install Gadget files

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
robertf
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CnC Router

Unable to install Gadget files

Post by robertf »

I downloaded the V 9.0 gadget files from here. They are Zip files, when I open them there are no files with the .vgadget extension.
Where are they at ?? There are .lua .txt .png .htm Etc

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Unable to install Gadget files

Post by Adrian »

If you're installing 3rd party gadgets then there should be instructions on how to install them from where you're downloading them from or in a readme type file in the zip package. A few people haven't done that with their gadgets though.

Generally you'd put all the files into a folder in your Public Document\Vectric Files\Gadgets\{Aspire-VCarve-Cut2D} folder.

robertf
Vectric Apprentice

Post by robertf »

I downloaded the files from the vectric website, also the useage sheet thar is with them.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Some of the gadgets on the forum (this site) are written by users rather than Vectric themselves. Anything you download from the official Vectric gadget site (http://gadgets.vectric.com) downloads as an .exe installed for versions prior to 9 and .vgadget for 9 onwards.

Which page did you download the gadget from? I haven't come across any on the main Vectric website.

robertf
Vectric Apprentice

Post by robertf »

I downloaded them from the same url that you posted, there are NO .vgadget files in them. Have you check them?

robertf
Vectric Apprentice

Post by robertf »

OK I see the problem, When you select download You get 2 options --- open & save.
If you select save and open the folder there are no .vgadget files, but if you select the open option it goes ahead and install the gadget.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Are you using Edge or Internet Explorer? The downloads work fine for me in Chrome, Firefox and Opera but in either of the Microsoft browsers they play up and as you say the Open option is the only reliable way.

With Edge I can't get the Save to work at all and with IE it downloads a zip rather than vgadget even on the V9 site.

robertf
Vectric Apprentice

Post by robertf »

I was using IE not edge, like I said above, you must use the open not save option. Works fine now !!!