How to reset heights for multiple modeled images

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Bill88
Model of CNC Machine: General 924

How to reset heights for multiple modeled images

Post by Bill88 »

Fairly new user of Aspire 8.5. Currently working on a West Coast Carving design which has several separate modeled images with different depths of cut on a flat panel. Am using a piece of wood 1.75" thick and I want to have these images positioned just below the surface. I set the 1st one, raster it, preview and it looks good. So I continue with another and when I preview a second time the first image has changed its position, lowered slightly but enough to affect my desired result. So I thought if I grabbed all the images and rastered them, it may solve my problem. Unfortunately, all the images lowered slightly. My question is after I have modeled all my images, how can I reset heights separately for all modeled images? Highly frustrating. This is probably a simple question for many of you.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: How to reset heights for multiple modeled images

Post by highpockets »

Take the height of your tallest component and add base height to the other components to bring them up to the same top surface height.
John
Maker of Chips

Bill88
Model of CNC Machine: General 924

Re: How to reset heights for multiple modeled images

Post by Bill88 »

Thank-you. I was increasing the base height, but on playing with it again today, my previous math calculations were OFF. Works like a charm. Great advice.