2 editing questions???

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

2 editing questions???

Post by Gundawg »

Is there a way to move multiple nodes without moving the whole vector? I am thinking there is not but man would it be handy for resizing parts of a vector without resizing the whole vector. Example many times I have parts drawn with corner radiuses and I need to shorten up the part it would be nice to be able to choose more than one node and move them at the same time.

The next question and wish is to be able to choose multiple vectors and re-size them all at one time. Example a part with 100 holes all .125 in diameter and you want to resize them to a bigger or smaller diameter. Resizing 100 holes one at a time is really slow.

There may be ways to do these things that is why I am asking if not how do I put them on a wish list?

Thanks Mike

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: 2 editing questions???

Post by IslaWW »

Mike...
You can use a box to select multiple nodes. Move as needed, or move them horizontal or vertical around a centerline.

To resize circles (as an example) select all, using the offset tool calculate the offset amount and select "delete original". 100 holes in 10 seconds
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

To resize circles, you can also use the circle resize gadget...

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

IslaWW wrote:Mike...
You can use a box to select multiple nodes. Move as needed, or move them horizontal or vertical around a centerline.

To resize circles (as an example) select all, using the offset tool calculate the offset amount and select "delete original". 100 holes in 10 seconds
Thank you for the help I am happy to see these things already exist in the software and once again I just need more training. I tried moving multiple nodes but I must being doing something wrong because I can't get that to work I am using Aspire 9.01 I am sure I am missing something I was in the node edit mode and it allowed me to sellect multiple nodes and they turned red but if I go to the move mode the node edit goes away. I tried opening the move mode then chosing the node edit mode and highlighting the nodes but when I gave it a distance to move it moved the whole vector.

I can get the nodes to move as a group by using the arrow keys but I really want to be able to move them a specified distance how do I do that? I make a line of fishing tables and I get people who want a different size table than my stock sizes and I have to re-size multiple parts with radius corners so learning how to do this would save me a lot of time which would save the customer money and in the end get me more of these jobs I lose due to overall cost.

The resizing circles I got to work and that will help me a bunch thanks.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Select the nodes either by box drawing with the mouse or shift-clicking in turn. Then bring up the context menu with the right mouse button and choose properties. Use the relative move you can move multiple nodes a set distance.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard

Post by IslaWW »

Mike...
To move exact distance, only one node can be selected at a time. (future feature request) In node edit mode, select a node, right click > properties > enter new X or Y coordinates. Or press [X] for the properties dialog box
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Here's a little video on moving multiple nodes a set distance.
nodes.gif

Oldmanofgf
Model of CNC Machine: Probiotix meteor 26x50

Post by Oldmanofgf »

Thanks for the video I knew about box selecting but not about the move tool in property
You are never to old to learn
Thanks again
Glenn

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard

Post by IslaWW »

Adrian...
Thanks from me also, I missed the "right click on one node" to open the properties dialog.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

Adrian wrote:Here's a little video on moving multiple nodes a set distance.
nodes.gif
Ah Ha it only works if you draw the box from right to left if you make the box left to right you won't get the property box. Learn something new all the time. Thanks Adrian.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

It should work whichever way you select the nodes (right to left, left to right or shift click) but you must be over a node when right clicking to get the properties menu item to come up.

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

It does but for some reason I clicked on a point that is not a regular node. I just grabbed this out of my files knowing it had a shape that would be good to experiment with. Can someone tell me what the points are that appear between the nodes when they are highlighted in the two straight line segments and what their use is. Those were the points I was clicking on and when you do you don't get the properties box. I will post 2 pictures first picture is the nodes for the vector. The second picture shows what they look like when I highlight the vectors to move. The second picture shows 2 points in the middle of the straight line segments.
Attachments
Corbel nodes.PNG
corbel nodes highlighted.PNG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Those are virtual nodes that signify the centre point of a span. They can be dragged like normal nodes but they don't have properties like a normal node.

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

Thanks again for the explanation Adrian.

hlanfear
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Post by hlanfear »

Adrian wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 pm
Here's a little video on moving multiple nodes a set distance.

nodes.gif
Thanks much for this; I've been looking for a while and never suspected a right click.