Need Some Help Finding Something!!!!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Jugster

Need Some Help Finding Something!!!!

Post by Jugster »

Hi everyone, hope all is well. Its been some time since I've been on the forum, but I was helping you guys could help me find something. I am going to enclose a pic of a project that has been going on for some time. I have been using Vectric software for a few years now in conjunction with other software. I've been building gun stocks for several years now in my spare time. I built my first cnc router, and then later purchased another. I had no intentions of building stocks, but as fate would have things just fell into place. I have made several plaques and other odd and end things with Aspire. I always wanted to combine the two software's that I use to create something that is different from everything else you typically see in the shooting sport. I had some spare time a few years ago and I completed the project, but never finished building the rifle. The eagle and flag that is on the back end of the stock is mirrored on both sides and was done with Aspire. The lettering down the forearms is .125 white maple and it is inlay ed. I love the natural color of wood, but my gunsmith buddy has found someone that wants to paint the flag, stars, and eagle. I remember seeing a picture of this same inlay painted on the gallery at some point, but have since been unable to find. I was hoping the some of you guys would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for all the help.
Attachments
Stock.jpg

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: Need Some Help Finding Something!!!!

Post by dhellew2 »

http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... ag#p143178
Some use colored epoxy
No matter what the method it is critical that the wood be sealed before painting to prevent bleed

Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Jugster

Re: Need Some Help Finding Something!!!!

Post by Jugster »

Thank you!!! I sealed after it was built. Its been put up almost 3 years now. Better late than never I guess.