2018 US User Group Meeting - Have your say

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: 2018 US User Group Meeting - Have your say

Post by Savannahdan »

BTW, just kidding about Boston and San Diego. I do have fond memories of both. Dan

jarm2
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: C&CNC electronics 4x4 ext aluminum table

Post by jarm2 »

I would like to see it in Salt Lake City. That is a good days drive for me and would help those of us in the Western US have a better chance of attending. San Francisco could work also, but is a bit further away.
Thanks,
Aspire 11 ViaCAD Pro 12 Corel 2019 W 10, 2.2 kw spindle wireless pendant

wmgeorge1
Model of CNC Machine: x-carve

Post by wmgeorge1 »

San Francisco would be outstanding

t28c34
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRT Alpha 4x8

Post by t28c34 »

How about the Chicago area?

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

How about at a University where there is a nice hotel right across the street, the fabrication lab has a Plasma CNC, a large Multicam CNC with vacuum bed and tool changer, and 3 small CNCs (2x2 Shark, 2x4 Probotix Meteor, and 3x4 Probotix Nebula with a rotary axis)? Throw in a room full of 3D printers and another with laser cutters. The fabrication lab is brand new and the building it lives in also has several tech-rich lecture/conference rooms. We have a classroom license for Aspire, and keep the latest version on all the PCs in our PC lab/classroom.

College of Architecture and Product Design
Kansas State University
Manhattan Kansas.
Middle of the U.S.A

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Another vote for the San Francisco Bay Area.
Mark
Pioneer, CA

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Post by ChrisInEstes »

ElevationCreations wrote:I’ll throw in Denver metro area, could be Estes Park, Fort Collins, Denver, or Colorado Springs area.

October is typically void of hail storms and tornadoes and if it snows that early in the season it is usually only on the ground for a day.

Mountains are nearby for those seeking inspiration, wildlife, and other activities.

We have a lot of micro breweries And the GABF (Great American Beer Festival) is here in October as well.
Heck yeah.... I'd vote for Estes Park, Colorado! That'd make my travel time maybe 5 minutes by car... If I'm not being greedy, Denver, CO or Fort Collins, CO would still be awesome.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see 3 votes for Colorado here...

Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

davewierenga
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger1

Post by davewierenga »

Phoenix. Great weather in Oct. - wives would love it. Don't forget spring training
Dave

kp91
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Digital Wood Carver

Post by kp91 »

Washington DC/ northern Virginia

3 large airports, things to see and do!

I like 4D's suggestion too.... mainly because it sounds like a fun place to visit.
Doug
1 John 1:9
Fredericksburg, VA

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

I like to say that I amazed by the varied locations suggested....it'll be a challenge for Stephanie and her team to make the final choice.

With that said I'd like to point out that no one has taken up the second and third part of her question...

Training content?

Our partner speakers ?

So ?? what say you ....

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

For what it is worth, I'd be more than happy to talk/demonstrate how I layout dovetail joints for students, including half blind, full, french, tapered french, rising, and half blind mitered dovetails. Also how I layout joinery (typical and original) that needs to be cut vertically or at any angle between flat and vertical. Most of which is impossible for Aspire to render accurately. If you choose K-State that is. :) We also do a lot of rotary work, some as wrapped jobs and some as X/Y/Z indexed jobs on wood mounted on the rotary axis.

4D

ChiloquinRuss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 2008 48x96 ShopBot spindle and Aspire

Post by ChiloquinRuss »

Content? That's easy look for the topics with the most posts!
Partner Speakers? Who gives the best advice and follow-up to the topics listed above.
Food? I hope so! :mrgreen: Russ
AKA: The Train Guy!

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

Location only needs to have something of interest besides the UGM
For those of us that travel great distances [like Troy (Alaska) and the Vectric Staff (UK & Canada)] it is important to have two or more day of touristy things to do... Nashville, New Orleans, San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, WN DC, Philadelphia, Boston, Seattle, etc.

Content... same stuff is great since the software is always evolving so the content also evolves

Partners presentations were a welcome addition but need to stay focused on how Aspire/V-Carve is used to complete their projects.

Most in attendance at the UGM already have machines and it is my opinion that they want to learn to how to make better use of what they already have.

As an example, John's rotary presentation [minus g-code] not only explained how to use rotary for turned objects but how to use rotary for flat multi-sided projects, something I never thought of before.

Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

dhellew2 wrote:Location only needs to have something of interest besides the UGM
For those of us that travel great distances [like Troy (Alaska) and the Vectric Staff (UK & Canada)] it is important to have two or more day of touristy things to do... Nashville, New Orleans, San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, WN DC, Philadelphia, Boston, Seattle, etc.

Content... same stuff is great since the software is always evolving so the content also evolves

Partners presentations were a welcome addition but need to stay focused on how Aspire/V-Carve is used to complete their projects.

Most in attendance at the UGM already have machines and it is my opinion that they want to learn to how to make better use of what they already have.

As an example, John's rotary presentation [minus g-code] not only explained how to use rotary for turned objects but how to use rotary for flat multi-sided projects, something I never thought of before.

Dale
As far as "touristy things" is considered, I doubt that there is any place in this country more beautiful in October than New England. :D :D

Phil

BNickO
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro HD

Post by BNickO »

Dallas would be great.