inverting a 3d component????

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
richinsd
Model of CNC Machine: laguna IQ HHC

inverting a 3d component????

Post by richinsd »

I'm attempting to cut a left hand Les Paul guitar by reversing the right hand model I already have. This is not a problem for the 2d portion of the model. Simply mirroring the vector works fine. However the arch top is a 3d component poses a different issue. Mirroring places the cutaway in the correct orientation but reverses the arch top surface to the bottom of the component. Is there a tool in aspire to transpose the top surface of the component to the opposite side or do I need to recreate a whole new surface all over again?? Thanks in advance for any help. Have a great day.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: inverting a 3d component????

Post by martin54 »

Not sure I fully understand that :lol: :lol:
Have you got a couple of screen shots they always help :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Sounds like you're saying the mirroring has affected the Z of the model? If I mirror using the flip horizontal option I'm not seeing what you're describing. As Martin says we need pictures.

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Did you try "Mirror Selected Objects"? Everything should swap left for right including 3D curvature.
Attachments
guitarflip2.jpg

richinsd
Model of CNC Machine: laguna IQ HHC

Post by richinsd »

Mike-S wrote:Did you try "Mirror Selected Objects"? Everything should swap left for right including 3D curvature.
OK I found it. Thanks to all for your assistance. When I used the mirror function to reverse the 3d component I flipped it instead of mirroring. After investigating the mirror command more closely I realized my mistake. Just goes to show the importance os stepping back for a minute to regroup and reevaluate. Thanks again have a great day.
Attachments
les paul image
les paul image