Importing files

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Importing files

Post by GaryR6 »

I have a file I created/cut in ASPIRE (.crv3d), and want to import it to a V CARVE Pro maker's space addition. It does not show up in the list of importable files? I went to "import" as well as the "modeling tab" with no luck. So any help here, seems like it should be possible being an .crv3d file. Help seems to say it's possible, so I must be doing something foolish. Any help?
Thanks in advance.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Importing files

Post by martin54 »

It's not an export option, think it comes under "save as" once you select that click on the file type & you should have the option of CRV3D or CRV

Just remember that any 3D models won't save to the file :lol: :lol:

Just re read your post, vcarve won't open crv3d files, you need to save it as a crv file & then it will open in vcarve :lol: :lol:

bit about models still applies
Last edited by martin54 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Importing files

Post by mtylerfl »

GaryR6 wrote:I have a file I created/cut in ASPIRE (.crv3d), and want to import it to a V CARVE Pro maker's space addition. It does not show up in the list of importable files? I went to "import" as well as the "modeling tab" with no luck. So any help here, seems like it should be possible being an .crv3d file. Help seems to say it's possible, so I must be doing something foolish. Any help?
Thanks in advance.
You cannot import a crv3d file into VCarve.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC