Update software question?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Update software question?

Post by Gundawg »

I have Aspire 9.0 but it shows there is an upgrade to 9.01 do I have to upload the whole file over again or is there a link that just updates to the latest version? Sorry for the dumb question but looking around I have not found an answer.

Mike

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Update software question?

Post by Adrian »

Click on the Help menu in Aspire and select Check for Updates and it will walk you the process. It downloads a patch file which is automatically installed.

I think clicking on the update message in the toolbar does the same thing but I'm used to doing it the other way from previous versions.

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Post by Gundawg »

Thank you I tried clicking on that link yesterday and nothing happened so I went and logged into my portal but it only had the full uploads no patch. I clicked on the title bar link this morning and it worked.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The portal is always the full version. The patches are in a different area - http://www.vectric.com/support/program-updates.html

It might be worth reporting to support that you can't get the update to work from the Help menu in case it's a sign of other problems. It certainly works for me and others that way.