Bitmap trace?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
keastab
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Solsylva vbearing 45"x72"

Bitmap trace?

Post by keastab »

I have the v9 of aspire and seem to have lost the option to do a bitmap trace. is it hidden somewhere? I like the new make from bitmap but I usually need to get bits and pieces to make from the bitmap and not all of it. I'm still looking in the menus, but have not found it so far. I am trying to get the L R and eagle in as separate entities. I will end up making it a 3 piece STL that I can manipulate for my friends sign logo.
part of the trace I need.
part of the trace I need.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Bitmap trace?

Post by Adrian »

It's in the same place and is the same icon as previously. First icon on the bottom line under Create Vectors on the Drawing tab.

keastab
Vectric Apprentice

Post by keastab »

Adrian wrote:It's in the same place and is the same icon as previously. First icon on the bottom line under Create Vectors on the Drawing tab.

DUH! :oops: :roll: ,

Thanks for some reason I always used the V8.5 drop down menu and never looked at the drawing icons at all.

keastab
Vectric Apprentice

Post by keastab »

thanks again for all your help. here is what I cam up with and will see if my boss likes the raised letter version I'm thinking maple for a wood to cut it on.
raised letter logo
raised letter logo

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

It looks like your letter spacing could use a little tweaking, but good go.
Mark
Pioneer, CA

keastab
Vectric Apprentice

Post by keastab »

redwood wrote:It looks like your letter spacing could use a little tweaking, but good go.

hey glad you noticed it.
I've been object blind since I started tracing this thing out and didn't even see it till you posted about it. It's fixed now and Hopefully ready to cut since it's on the table now and finishing up cutting the roughing part. whew, Takes a bit of time if you do all 3d.(cheated and used pine for the first try) I'll look into doing pocket cuts on the next one for the letters other objects in the borders since I think that would be a lot faster to cut .