Job Setup Sheet

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
JimmyD
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSalpha, custom rotary indexer

Job Setup Sheet

Post by JimmyD »

The Job Setup Sheet is a great tool to use as it gives you all (almost) the data you need to go from your design to machining.

A useful improvement on the Setup Sheet would be to add the factors that are used for the time estimates, namely the Rapid Rate and the Scale Factor. In order to utilize the Time Estimates for any beneficial purpose, like cost estimation, the se two factos must be adjusted for the type of cuts you are making. You have to go through an iterative process to get the predicted Time Estimate to be close to the actual Time Estimate by adjusting the Scale Factor.

Having the Scale Factor on a hard copy of the Setup Sheet would greatly assist in this iteration process. Yes, I can and do, just write the information down when generating my toolpaths, but since the very useful Setup Sheet exists it would be helpful if the Scale Factor could be output with all the other information.

Has anyone figured out a way to edit the Setup Sheet and add this or other information that they desired?

Thanks,
Jim

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Job Setup Sheet

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I'd also like to see a checkbox on the Job Setup sheet to Add Zero Plane
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The Job Sheet gadget can be modified but as far as I'm aware the rapid rate and scale factor information isn't exposed via the LUA programming interface.

seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Post by seanm »

Hi Jimmy

As Adrian mentioned the scale factor and rapid rate used on the toolpath summary form are not exposed to LUA so at this time it can not be done.

Hi Randall,

Could you possibly expand on what you mean by adding a checkbox to Add Zero Plane?
Would this be in the Setup Sheet Editor that you are refering too or the setup sheet itself?

Best regards

Sean

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Could you possibly expand on what you mean by adding a checkbox to Add Zero Plane?
Would this be in the Setup Sheet Editor that you are referring too or the setup sheet itself?
I'm referring to the initial Job Setup dialog the appears when you create a new file.

It could be a remembered checkbox at the bottom of the Job Setup dialog
JobSetupScreen.PNG
I would save me the step of going to Model/Create Component/Add Zero Plane, since sometimes I forget to do that :oops:.
AddZeroPlane.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

Hi Randall,

Starting in V9.0, you can add a zero plane more easily by clicking the last button to the right on the first row of the modelling tools' tab.

To be honest, I'm not sure we will add such a checkbox to the job sheet form as it's got too much on it as it is, but I can discuss it with the team to see how they feel.

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

JimmyD
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSalpha, custom rotary indexer

Post by JimmyD »

Would it be possible to add the scale factor and rapid rate to the toolpath summary form? This would be a big help.