Problem with time taken to open Illustrator files

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Branchy
Model of CNC Machine: SCM Record 2 and Procam

Problem with time taken to open Illustrator files

Post by Branchy »

Hi,
Up until now I have never had an issue opening Illustrator (ai) files. Some files can take up to 5 mins to open up. These files aren't large in size and I'm just a little perplexed as to why this is happening. My computer is virtually brand new and is built primarily for gaming so there should be no problem with processing. As I say, when I first got the computer, files opened up very quickly.
I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this and what they did to overcome it.?
Thanks in advance.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Re: Problem with time taken to open Illustrator files

Post by mohamed »

Could you post some of the problematic files to support@vectric.com please?

Thank you
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

mwloyd
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: FLA-500

Post by mwloyd »

I save my AI files as pdfs and use the pdfs. I have noticed that my relatively simple vector files will convert with way too many nodes in Aspire. It is a good idea to check the node editing and see if that could be the problem. Then convert those nodes into smooth curves. The conversion will also sometimes duplicate these paths on top of each other making for many more nodes.

Branchy
Model of CNC Machine: SCM Record 2 and Procam

Post by Branchy »

Hi mwlyod,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that's not it. When the ai file eventually opens the nodes are where they should be .ie. 2 nodes for start and finish of straight vectors and a few for beziers etc.
Thanks anyhow.