how do i make letters from PNG images

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ronnierozier2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid PRO4896

how do i make letters from PNG images

Post by ronnierozier2 »

Hello,

I bought a font off of ETSY and basically its a PNG file of every letter in the alphabet. How can I go about converting this to something that can be cut. I tried to use the vector tool but since these are neon letters the outside glow effect isnt allowing me to get a clean vector of the letter. I wall attach the aspire file also. what I had to do is import each individual PNG letter file to make my sons name.

Can someone tell me how to convert this PNG letter file to a usable vector?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-30 163951.jpg
jackson.crv3d
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: how do i make letters from PNG images

Post by gkas »

Depending on how good the png file is, you can autotrace every letter you need. Then clean up the trace. LOTS OF WORK. You're much better off finding a font on one of the free fonts web sites and adding it to your fonts list.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Not likely. The central lines are too pixelated to give a decent trace, and the yellow image is almost impossible to see. One could work on the file in a graphics program to improve this, but the poor definition will still be a problem.
Possibilities: 1. Check the picture using a "What font is this?" site to identify the font. 2. Go to a font site and download a font that is close. 3. Manually trace the letters (If you can see them. I couldn't.)

Edit: I was able to get a somewhat OK trace using 10 colors and selecting the 3rd, 4th, and 5th ones. But the result would have to be manually traced to get a good vector.
Jackson.jpg
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

ronnierozier2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid PRO4896

Post by ronnierozier2 »

Thanks everyone for the replies. I noticed that most oll the fonts like this on etsy are simply PNG files of each letter. I cannot seem to find this font as a font file.

What I'm doing with this is making a LED sign using this font from lexan.....or at least thats my intention

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

I think you might have better luck doing a Google search for "Neon Fonts" and finding one close to what you want and use it or modify to suit.
Attachments
Image 1054.png
John
Maker of Chips

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

It is remotely possibly that selecting the .png bitmaps and using the Photo V-Carve toolpath would work for the LED sign. I didn't have the .prg files so I couldn't see how it would work out for the ones you have. I was able to get a result from a black and white .prg file that shows it might be acceptable.
Jackson2.jpg
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Sienci Long Mill

Post by wilkigr »

Can you post the .png file or are there licence issues?