This is what I would love to see in Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

This is what I would love to see in Aspire

Post by nicksilva »

This is what I would love to see in Aspire. this is from ArtCam's Face Wizard. it lets you take a photo and easily convert it to a 3d relief.
you can see this has a good height so it's not like a litho. I haven't even begun to play with the sculpting tools to make it better. this was a
first pass.
Untitled-1.jpg
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: This is what I would love to see in Aspire

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Nick

I own the "other software" too and in my very early modeling days, I used the wizard a couple of times is all. I found it was best if I just modeled the underlayments and sculpted myself after all (for a more accurate result). Still, I admit it could be a useful starting point if doing just a profile of a head.

I created a couple of coin banks doing the modeling and sculpting from photos myself (no help from a wizard-type tool).
Attachments
Buffalo_side550x413.jpg
IndianHead_side550x413.jpg
Lincoln_Bank_600x600_3.jpg
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Post by nicksilva »

yes, wonderful work.
what you're describing then is a workflow or process. I find that other programs such as artcam or other software (scripts) provide a very good starting place for creating a 3d model. I still bring that output into Aspire because the tools are better (or at least I'm more familiar with them). But having a good starting point cuts the overall time in half. That's what I'd like to see - an app or extension that gives a good starting point beyond a blank page. cheers!
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Be interesting to know just how long it takes to clean an image up so it would be usable & other factors that need to be considered with each photo such as starting resolution, lighting, contrast etc etc which will all have an effect on how good the scan is. Probably not the sort of thing I would use if it were a feature in Aspire but sure there would be those that would like to see it, maybe one day when Aspire costs the same as the other software it will be included :lol: :lol: :lol:

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

I checked the face wizard some time ago and found it very impressive.

IIRC and if this add-on didn't evolve, it is very limited. It is only intended to create a 3d from a human side face.

Michael is much more experienced than I am in 3d modeling with Aspire, so he will confirm (or not…) that creating a side face of that quality level is not that difficult.

I am pretty sure the trout tutorial shows all the steps you need.

This wizard makes a pretty good job with a few clicks but is limited to human side faces. It's not a general purpose 3d converter.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Yes, creating relief models of side face profiles from a good quality photo are not usually too difficult.

When you have a photo of a 3/4 face or even straight on is when it gets a bit more challenging (more time consuming).
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC