Adding a sheet without having to "nest" parts to get them

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Adding a sheet without having to "nest" parts to get the

Post by Adrian »

What you can do if you want multiple sheets without nesting the new job is to create a template file and use that when starting a new job so the sheets are already there. Doesn't really matter how many spare sheets there are so you could create one with 50 blank sheets on it.

It's basically the same workflow as using naming layers as sheets and switching around between them but because you're not switching active layers the chances of messing up are a lot less.

keastab
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Solsylva vbearing 45"x72"

Post by keastab »

What you can do if you want multiple sheets without nesting the new job is to create a template file and use that when starting a new job so the sheets are already there. Doesn't really matter how many spare sheets there are so you could create one with 50 blank sheets on it.

It's basically the same workflow as using naming layers as sheets and switching around between them but because you're not switching active layers the chances of messing up are a lot less.

Adrian
ok now I gotta go watch and play with another video.. templates... I remember see one on the tutorials.. on my way now. thanks

uhh found the template file but it's not exactly what I need (yet) anyway . what I will do is make a 32"x48" box and nest it 10 times. delete the 10 boxes and save it as a template with sheets already on it . but can you point me towards the file I need if there is an easier way(I'm all for easier)
thanks
Last edited by keastab on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

keastab wrote: ok now I gotta go watch and play with another video.. templates... I remember see one on the tutorials.. on my way now. thanks
In this instance I'm just using the term template as an Aspire job already setup with blank sheets in that you can use when starting a new job rather than just the default job. You won't find a tutorial on that. You might be thinking about toolpath templates which is another thing again.

There is a user group video for stacked text template files that James did after seeing the way I use templates in my business - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_3.html