Drawing a line at a specific angle and length

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Drawing a line at a specific angle and length

Post by Soapyjoe »

Hi,

I am sure that their is a very simple solution to my problem.

I wish to pick up a point on a drawing then draw a line at a specific angle and length from this point.

Looking at the figures in the draw a line dialogue box it looks like it should be quite simple to just enter the figures in the respective boxes..... but I am expiring problems using it.

What I do is to pick up the point then watching the information on the screen very carefully draw the line .... it works but it is very tedious.

Any help would e very appreciated

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Drawing a line at a specific angle and length

Post by Adrian »

See this video if you're using V9 which explains the various ways to use the drawing tools - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... ideo_id=16

For your specific example pick your start point and click. Then enter the angle and distance in the dialogue box and click add. Press the spacebar or click finish to exit drawing.

Or with V9 you can type the values directly without having to use the dialog box. Click to start as previously then type, for example, 45A100L to create a line at 45 degrees 100 units long.

Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Re: Drawing a line at a specific angle and length

Post by Soapyjoe »

Thanks Adrian,

I think I was missing the click at the start of the process... very simple when it is explained