Moving all Vectors on a 2 sided job (Aspire V9)

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
hooked
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: SCRATCH BUILT CNC ROUTER

Moving all Vectors on a 2 sided job (Aspire V9)

Post by hooked »

I think I'm missing something really simple here. I want to select all vectors on both sides of a two sided job and move them. I'm sure there will be a process to do this but I cant seem to easily achieve it. Help appreciated.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Moving all Vectors on a 2 sided job (Aspire V9)

Post by highpockets »

I'll be watching this thread, I haven't found a way to move vectors on both sides at once either.
John
Maker of Chips

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

One way would be to right click on the vectors on whatever "side" you're working on and then select "move to other side".
At that point you can move all vectors to a new layer.
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

mezalick wrote:One way would be to right click on the vectors on whatever "side" you're working on and then select "move to other side".
At that point you can move all vectors to a new layer.
Michael
The only thing I'd add to that is before moving the vectors to the other side would be to group them after selection. This would prevent, or help prevent, mixing the vectors of the two sides.

Good work around Michael.
John
Maker of Chips

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

There is no 'official ' way to move vectors on both sides yet, but we're aware that it would be useful. It's yet to be decided how to do that without the confusion and potential errors arising from having vectors / components that you can't see selected.

Your input is always welcome of course

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Thanks for the information Mohamed.

If you have double sided view toggled on all vectors on the opposite side show in blue. Could you also have the components show in blue? Then in the tool windows for the Transform Object section of the Drawing tab have a check box to transform both sides? While I'm wishing, it would be nice to be able to select one, multiple or all vectors/components from the opposite side.

Just my two cents.
John
Maker of Chips

hooked
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: SCRATCH BUILT CNC ROUTER

Post by hooked »

Well, now that I know that there is no simple key stroke, I just move the vectors on each side the same set amount. Would be great to see a SELECT ALL VECTORS - BOTH SIDES option available within the software.

ctbjdm
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: TBD

Post by ctbjdm »

Bumping this thread - ran into this yesterday as I started working with a 2 sided project. I also emailed Vectric support but wondering if anyone had a good solution -- besides moving everything to one side, moving the components, then moving appropriate components back to the other side.

Thanks!

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Nope, that's still the process. I keep all the vectors on each side in their own layer(s) so that it's easy to select them for moving back and forth
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Bill_L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha

Post by Bill_L »

The only reliable way that I have found is to delete everything on the back side, move whatever vectors you want on the front side and then move everything from the front side to the back again. I've been doing two sided machining of 4' x 8' sheets of polycarbonate for about a year now and this is the easiest way while maintaining your accuracy (given the fact that the sheet must be indexed on the table). However, what I do is to machine retainers with bevels, channels and holes ... lots of them. So I generally create only one set of vectors and utilize the "Array Copy Toolpath".

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Hmm. I've never had to actually delete the vectors from the back side of the sheet. I manufacture the parts for a combination drum/case that has a lot of machining on both sides of the panels. I label the layers on the top as "A-layername" and the ones on the back as "B-layername". If I need to make a change, moving from back to front is as easy as selecting everything on that side and doing a "Move to other side". To move the other direction, I turn off the "A" layers, make sure the "B" layers are all on, select everything and "Move to the other side". No deleting, which would make me very nervous. When you make changes, you do need to make sure you're working in the right layer so things don't get messed up.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost