Circles/arcs problem Masterwood P416

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
tusong200
Model of CNC Machine: Masterwood Project 416

Circles/arcs problem Masterwood P416

Post by tusong200 »

Thanks in advance for any help.

When using the draw circle/ellipse tool to create circles everything seems fine during the toolpath preview. But when executing the toolpath on the Masterwood P416 (using the supplied postprocessor "M-wood P416 ATC") the arcs are interpreted incorrectly. Instead of a circle I get a 4-point star with curved inward sides. The four quadrant arcs of the circle are flipped inward.

However, if I create the circles in CorelDraw, export them as DXF, and import them into Aspire then they machine properly. This has been my workaround in the past but it has become a hassle.

Any thoughts????

Another issue is that the M-wood P416 ATC post processor seems to work 99% but it never establishes the spindle speed at G172. I always have to go into the code and add "S12" at the first G172.

Any enlightened sous out there??? Thanks!

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: Circles/arcs problem Masterwood P416

Post by 4DThinker »

Your controller/post processor may not be able to interpret a g-code arc command properly. Some post processors have "arc" in their name indicating that they can deal with true arcs. Imported arcs are often just a group of short polyline vectors that look like an arc which is why they cut OK. You can tell the difference by using the (N)ode command to highlight what your Aspire drawn vs imported arcs are actually composed of.

How to help you I don't know. I'm not exactly sure how drawn arcs are usually dealt with in the post processors.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

Could you contact support (support@vectric.com) about this. It looks like the arc is being interpreted in a reverse direction (clockwise rather anticlockwise, or vice versa). It could be an issue with the postprocessor, so it's worth investigating just to make sure.

Thanks

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

tusong200
Model of CNC Machine: Masterwood Project 416

Post by tusong200 »

The post processor is actually named "M-wood p416 ATC arc". I'm not sure if I got it with Aspire or found it somewhere else. I've been using it for several years and just don't remember the source. Maybe someone can tell me if it is included with 8.5 or the newest version.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

It's included in both versions. One thing to check is if that post-processor file is in My_PosP, it won't have been updated by subsequent patches, so make sure it's in sync with the one in PostP. (Folders I'm referring to you can go from 'File' -> 'Open Application Data Folder').
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++