Copy toolpath

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mwhite
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Copy toolpath

Post by mwhite »

Now that Aspire has Double Sided capability, is there an option to copy toolpaths to the other side. I have no problem copying vectors, but I do not see an option for toolpaths?

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Copy toolpath

Post by IslaWW »

Move the vectors to the other side, swap to view the other side, recalculate the toolpaths
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Gary,

Please teach me, I tried creating a vector on front side and creating a toolpath for it. I then moved the vector to the bottom side. No toolpaths were visible in the bottom side toolpath tray.
The only way I've been able to move a toolpath is using the Save and Load toolpath option.

What am I missing?
John
Maker of Chips

mwhite
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by mwhite »

I tried it multiple times but still have had no luck. The only toolpath to recalculate is the original on side one. Recalculating this does not create a toolpath for the bottom side vectors.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

John...
I stand corrected. The toolpath does recalculate to the correct location, but does NOT move the toolpath to the other side with the vector. I do not believe this would be the expected behavior, but I will find out what the powers that be have to say about this.

I would say for now, that you should delete any toolpaths associated to vectors that are moved to the other side of the material. Once the vectors are moved, then generate a new toolpath.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Thanks Gary,

Thought I was missing an easy way to move toolpaths. For now I'll continue to us Save/Load toolpaths. Would be a nice feature for a new release if you the option to move the toolpath associated with the vectors being moved.
John
Maker of Chips